Battle Ground Real Estate & Homes for Sale
Battle Ground is a city in Clark County, Washington, United States. It was named after a nearby location where a historic battle was fought between the Klickitat Tribe and the Yakama Tribe in 1855. The battle was led by U.S. Army Captain William Strong, who established a camp near the battleground and named it Fort Vancouver.
In the late 1800s, Battle Ground became a center for logging and agriculture, with dairy farms and fruit orchards becoming prevalent. The arrival of the railroad in the early 1900s helped the town grow further, with the establishment of a lumber mill and a cannery. Today, Battle Ground is a thriving community with a population of over 20,000 and is known for its parks, recreational activities, and community events. Visitors can still explore the historic site of the 1855 battle and learn about the city's fascinating past.
Living In Battle Ground, WA: A Comprehensive Guide
Introduction To Living In Battle Ground, WA
Nestled in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Battle Ground, Washington offers an unparalleled quality of life for those who appreciate a small-town feel with access to big-city amenities.
In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore everything you need to know about living in Battle Ground: from its rich history and unique culture to vibrant dining and shopping scenes.
We'll also discuss real estate trends and essential services like healthcare and education options available - all factors that contribute to making this charming community one of the best places to live in the area.
- Battle Ground, WA is a picturesque city located in Clark County that offers small-town charm with easy access to urban amenities.
- The housing market in Battle Ground offers a mix of rental and ownership options, with average prices ranging from $150,000 - $450,000 depending on the type of property and neighborhood.
- The education system in Battle Ground includes both public and private schools, as well as opportunities for higher education.
- Battle Ground boasts a diverse population with an interesting history dating back to the late 19th century when it was first settled by European-Americans. Today, it's home to approximately 20,576 residents within city limits.
Location, Geography, And Climate Of Battle Ground
Nestled in the heart of Clark County, Battle Ground is a picturesque city with a prime location that offers residents easy access to both natural beauty and urban amenities.
The geography of Battle Ground boasts diverse landscapes with rolling hills, lush forests, fertile farmland, and the breathtaking East Fork Creek running through it all.
As part of the Pacific Northwest region's moderate climate zone called the Marine West Coast Climate Zone (Csb) months are characterized by cool winters interspersed with mild summers – perfect weather conditions for enjoying year-round outdoor exploration.
Average temperatures range from lows in the mid-30s during winter months to highs around mid-70s in July – August; ensuring comfortable living without ever getting too hot or too cold.
History And Demographics Of Battle Ground
The fascinating history of Battle Ground, Washington dates back to the late 19th century when it was first settled by European-Americans. The town's unique name has an interesting origin: it is said to have derived from a standoff between settlers and members of the Klickitat Native American tribe in the mid-1800s.
Today, Battle Ground is home to a diverse population that reflects its rich cultural heritage. According to recent data, approximately 20,576 residents reside within city limits.
While White Non-Hispanic residents make up around 80% of the community's demographics (with a lower poverty rate compared with other ethnicities), there is also a growing Hispanic or Latino presence within Battle Ground.
Each neighborhood within Battle Ground offers something different for potential home buyers or sellers - whether they seek single-family homes on quiet streets or investment opportunities in centrally located properties.
Housing And Real Estate Options In Battle Ground
Battle Ground offers a mix of rental and ownership options, with popular neighborhoods including Cherry Grove and Aviary Ridge.
Rental And Ownership Options
In Battle Ground, WA, home buyers, and sellers can explore a variety of rental and ownership options to suit their needs. Whether you're looking for affordable homes in Battle Ground Washington or seeking luxury accommodations, there's something available for every lifestyle.
For those considering renting rather than buying, the city offers numerous apartments and rental houses throughout various neighborhoods. On average, rent prices tend to be lower than in neighboring areas like Vancouver or Portland, which makes Battle Ground an attractive choice for renters looking to save on living expenses while enjoying the area's natural beauty and amenities.
If you prefer owning property as an investment instead of just renting one out yourself then look into investment properties in Battle Ground WA available at competitive rates.
Battle Ground, WA has a variety of neighborhoods that cater to different lifestyles and preferences. Whether you're looking for a quiet suburban community or a more vibrant urban area, there is something for everyone in Battle Ground.
Here are some of the most popular neighborhoods in Battle Ground:
- The Cedars: A family-friendly neighborhood with spacious homes and large yards. It's located near several parks and walking trails.
- Lewisville Meadows: A newer neighborhood with modern homes and easy access to shopping and dining options.
- Whispering Pines: A quiet community with tree-lined streets, perfect for those who enjoy a peaceful and serene environment.
- Maple Grove: An established neighborhood with well-maintained homes and close proximity to schools and parks.
- Meadow Glade: A rural area with large lots and a mix of older homes and new construction.
No matter which neighborhood you choose, you'll find that Battle Ground offers a high quality of life with plenty of amenities, low crime rates, and affordable housing options.
Average Price Range
The average price range for homes in Battle Ground, WA varies depending on the type of property and neighborhood you choose. The median home value in Battle Ground is $297,583, which offers a good value for home buyers and sellers in the area. Here is a table showcasing the average price ranges for different types of properties:
|Property Type||Average Price Range|
|Single-family homes||$275,000 - $450,000|
|Townhomes||$250,000 - $350,000|
|Condominiums||$200,000 - $300,000|
|Manufactured homes||$150,000 - $250,000|
|Vacant land||$100,000 - $500,000+|
These price ranges provide a variety of options for both homebuyers and sellers in Battle Ground, making it an attractive place to consider for your next home purchase or sale.
Education System In Battle Ground
The education system in Battle Ground includes both public and private schools, as well as opportunities for higher education.
Public And Private Schools And Districts
Battle Ground, WA has a variety of public and private schools for families to choose from. Here are some of the options:
- Battle Ground Public Schools - This district serves over 13,000 students in grades K-12 and has 18 schools including elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Hockinson School District - This district is located just outside of Battle Ground and serves around 2,400 students in grades K-12.
- Private Schools - There are several private school options in Battle Ground including Cornerstone Christian Academy, North County Christ The Rock Christian School, and Firm Foundation Christian School.
- Higher Education - For those looking to continue their education, Clark College offers courses in various fields including technology, healthcare, business management, and more.
Overall, Battle Ground offers a strong education system with both public and private options for families to consider.
Higher Education Opportunities
For those seeking higher education opportunities in Battle Ground, there are a variety of options available. Clark College offers courses just a short drive away in nearby Vancouver, WA, and Washington State University Vancouver campus is also located within driving distance.
Additionally, the city is home to Charter College, which offers career-focused programs in Business and Health Care. For those interested in online learning or non-traditional degree paths, the University of Phoenix has a location near Battle Ground as well.
Healthcare Facilities In Battle Ground
Battle Ground boasts a number of high-quality healthcare facilities, including hospitals and medical centers, as well as specialized health services.
Hospitals And Medical Centers
Battle Ground is home to a variety of healthcare facilities, ensuring residents have access to quality medical care. Here are some of the top hospitals and medical centers in Battle Ground:
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center: This hospital offers a wide range of services, including emergency care, surgery, cancer treatment, and more. It has been recognized for its high-quality care and patient satisfaction.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center: Located just a short drive from Battle Ground in nearby Vancouver, this hospital offers comprehensive medical services, including cancer care, pediatrics, women's health, and more.
- The Vancouver Clinic - Battle Ground: This clinic offers primary care as well as specialty services such as cardiology and dermatology. Patients praise the staff for their friendly demeanor and personalized care.
- The Portland Clinic - Battle Ground: This clinic provides primary care for patients of all ages as well as specialty services such as orthopedics and neurology. Patients appreciate the convenient location and attentive staff.
Whether you need routine check-ups or specialized medical treatment, you can be sure to find high-quality healthcare options in Battle Ground and its surrounding areas.
Specialized Health Services
Battle Ground offers excellent healthcare facilities, including specialized health services. You can find a wide range of specialists in the area, such as orthopedic surgeons, dermatologists, and pediatricians.
Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center is one of the leading providers of specialized healthcare in Battle Ground. This medical center provides high-quality care for cancer treatment, cardiology, neurology, and more.
With easy access to quality healthcare facilities providing specialized services that are essential for maintaining good health and well-being in your daily life, living in Battle Ground delivers peace of mind when it comes to managing your health concerns or emergencies!
Transportation And Infrastructure In Battle Ground
Battle Ground has several public transportation options, including C-Tran bus routes that connect to Vancouver and Portland, as well as a local shuttle service. The city is also accessible via major roadways like Interstate 5 and State Route 503, making travel by car easy and convenient.
Public Transportation Options
Living in Battle Ground, WA offers a variety of public transportation options to help residents get around:
- The C - TRAN system provides bus services throughout Clark County, including stops in Battle Ground.
- The Express Route 105 runs from Battle Ground to downtown Portland, Oregon on weekdays.
- There are several private shuttle and vanpool services available for commuters who work in Portland.
- Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are also available in the area.
Whether you're commuting to work or exploring the greater Pacific Northwest region, Battle Ground offers convenient options for getting around town and beyond.
Major Roadways And Highways
Battle Ground is well-connected and easily accessible via major roadways and highways, making commuting convenient for its residents. Interstate 5 runs just minutes east of the city, providing easy connectivity to nearby cities like Portland, Oregon.
But despite easy access to these major highways, congestion during peak hours can still be a concern. Luckily, the city has taken steps to improve traffic flow by adding roundabouts at key intersections and investing in infrastructure upgrades.
Whether you're looking to get around town or commute to work, Battle Ground's transportation options make it an excellent choice for homebuyers seeking a convenient location with reliable transit options.
Utilities And Services Offered
Battle Ground, WA offers an array of utilities and services to its residents. The city provides water, sewer, garbage collection, and recycling services through its Public Works Department.
In addition to these basic utilities, Battle Ground also has several community services available for its residents. The city operates a senior center that offers various programs and activities for older adults in the area.
There is also a public library with resources for all ages including books, media, children's storytimes and after-school programs. Emergency service and healthcare facilities such as PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center provide peace of mind to families living in Battle Ground 24/7 ensuring quality care when needed most.
Recreation And Entertainment In Battle Ground
Parks And Recreation Facilities
Battle Ground, WA is home to a variety of beautiful parks and recreation facilities that cater to residents of all ages. Here are some of the top locations worth exploring:
- Battle Ground Lake State Park – This park is located just a few miles northeast of town and offers fishing, swimming, boating, hiking trails, and a picnic area with tables and grills.
- Kiwanis Park – Located in the heart of town, Kiwanis Park features playgrounds for kids, picnic shelters, walking trails, tennis courts, and sports fields for various activities.
- Lewisville Regional Park – A short drive from Battle Ground takes you to this expansive regional park that boasts a duck pond, playgrounds for kids of all ages, ball fields for softball and baseball games as well as soccer fields.
- Lucia Falls Regional Park – Just outside Battle Ground lies this scenic park complete with waterfalls along the East Fork Lewis River and several hiking trails that offer breathtaking views.
- Chelatchie Prairie Railroad Trail – A great trail to bike or hike on; it covers over seven miles of the former railway line with gorgeous views along the way.
Residents can also enjoy indoor activities at the Battle Ground Community Center which houses a gymnasium & fitness center open for public use during set operating hours as well as classes such as yoga or dance instruction held regularly year-round.
Whether you're an outdoor enthusiast or simply like leisurely hikes or picnics in serene surroundings with your family or friends; there is no shortage of natural beauty around Battle Ground where you can relax and take in the awe-inspiring landscapes that WA is known for.
Festivals And Events
Battle Ground is a lively community with a range of festivals and events held throughout the year. Whether you're a music lover, foodie, or art enthusiast, there's something for everyone to enjoy in Battle Ground. Here are some of the top festivals and events to look out for:
- Harvest Days: Held in October, this event celebrates the fall harvest season with live music, pumpkin decorating contests, hayrides, and more.
- Annual Fourth of July Celebration: This patriotic celebration features a parade through downtown Battle Ground followed by a fireworks display at night.
- Battle Ground Village Outdoor Market: Taking place on Saturdays during the summer months, this outdoor market offers fresh produce, handmade crafts, and live entertainment.
- BG Health & Wellness Fair: A one-day event that brings together local health professionals and businesses to showcase their products and services.
- Art in the Park: A two-day event held each August featuring local artists showcasing their work in various mediums such as painting, sculptures, ceramics, jewelry making and more.
- Hulda Klager Lilac Gardens: A historic home built in 1889 that opens up its gardens for tours each year during the lilac festival which typically starts from early April till mid-May every year.
These festivals and events offer great opportunities for residents to get out and socialize while enjoying all that Battle Ground has to offer!
Local Attractions And Landmarks
Battle Ground, WA has no shortage of attractions and landmarks to explore. Here are some of the must-visit spots in the area:
- Battle Ground Lake State Park - a stunning park that offers hiking trails, fishing, swimming, and boating opportunities.
- Lucia Falls Regional Park - a popular spot for picnics, walks, and horseback riding. The park also features beautiful waterfalls and a beach area.
- Lewisville Regional Park - located along the East Fork Lewis River, this park offers camping sites, playgrounds, picnic tables, and pet-friendly areas.
- Cedars Golf Course - an 18-hole course surrounded by beautiful scenery that is perfect for golf enthusiasts of all skill levels.
- The Old Town Battle Ground Historic District - a charming area that showcases historic buildings from the early 1900s such as the Battle Ground Community Library building which was built in 1916.
- Moulton Falls Winery - offers delicious wines with breathtaking views of the countryside valley.
- Klineline Pond - Located at Salmon Creek Regional Park offering year-round fishing activities for all ages.
Whether you're interested in outdoor activities or history and culture, you are sure to find something to enjoy in Battle Ground!
Dining And Shopping In Battle Ground
Explore a variety of dining and shopping options in Battle Ground, with popular restaurants and bars, grocery and retail stores, as well as shopping centers and malls.
Popular Restaurants And Bars
Battle Ground, WA has a variety of dining and drinking options for residents to enjoy. Here are some of the most popular restaurants and bars in the area:
- Northwood Public House & Brewery - Offering craft beer and gastropub fare, this local favorite is known for its delicious burgers and casual atmosphere.
- Mill Creek Pub - Located in the heart of Battle Ground's historic downtown, Mill Creek Pub serves up classic American cuisine with a modern twist. Guests can enjoy outdoor seating during warmer months.
- Rusty Grape Vineyard - A family-owned winery that also serves food, including wood-fired pizza made on-site. Visitors can relax on the beautiful outdoor patio while sipping on one of Rusty Grape's signature wines.
- Barrel Mountain Brewing - With a rotating selection of beers on tap and a cozy atmosphere, Barrel Mountain is another popular spot for Battle Ground locals looking to grab a drink and hang out with friends.
- Biscuits Cafe - Known for its hearty breakfasts and home-style cooking, Biscuits Cafe is a go-to spot for comfort food in Battle Ground.
- El Rancho Viejo - For those craving Mexican cuisine, El Rancho Viejo offers traditional dishes like fajitas, enchiladas, and chile rellenos in a festive atmosphere.
- Vinnie's Pizza - This local pizzeria is known for its New York-style pies loaded with quality toppings like pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, and more.
Whether you're looking for a night out with friends or just need something quick and tasty to eat, Battle Ground has plenty of dining options to choose from to satisfy your cravings!
Grocery And Retail Stores
Battle Ground, WA has a variety of options for grocery and retail shopping. Whether you're stocking up your pantry or looking for some retail therapy, here are some of the top grocery and retail stores in Battle Ground:
- Fred Meyer - This is one of the largest stores in Battle Ground that offers groceries, home goods, electronics, clothing, and more.
- Walmart - This mega-retailer has everything from groceries to household items to clothing and electronics.
- Chuck's Produce & Street Market - A locally owned market offering fresh produce, meat, and bakery items, as well as unique finds like vegan and gluten-free products.
- Safeway - A popular choice for groceries that carries a wide range of products including its exclusive Signature Select brand.
- Dollar Tree - This store provides affordable household items, party supplies, snacks, and more.
In addition to these popular chains located in Battle Ground Proper, there are also several other grocery stores and shopping centers located within a 15-20 minute drive.
It's worth noting that Battle Ground also has seasonal farmer's markets where you can find locally-grown produce as well as handmade crafts and goods.
Overall, Battle Ground offers convenient options for all your grocery and retail needs without having to travel too far from home.
Shopping Centers And Malls
If you enjoy shopping and are looking for some great options in Battle Ground, WA, you won't be disappointed! Here are some top shopping centers and malls to check out:
- Battle Ground Village - This open-air lifestyle center offers a variety of local shops and restaurants. You can find everything from clothing boutiques to coffee shops here.
- The Mill Shopping Center - Located just outside of Battle Ground in Vancouver, WA, this mall has over 40 stores including popular retailers like Target, Kohl's, and Ross Dress for Less.
- Hazel Dell Towne Center - Another nearby option in Vancouver, this shopping center features big-name stores like Best Buy, Bed Bath & Beyond, and PetSmart.
- Downtown Camas - A charming area to shop with boutique stores selling unique gifts, home decor items, jewelry and more.
- Vancouver Mall - If you're willing to venture a bit further out towards downtown Vancouver, you'll find the Vancouver Mall where you can shop at major department stores like Macy's and JC Penney along with many other specialty shops.
Whether you're looking for high-end shopping or something more budget-friendly, there are plenty of options to choose from in Battle Ground and the surrounding areas. Get ready to shop until you drop!
Employment And Job Market In Battle Ground
The job market in Battle Ground is diverse and growing, with major employers including JH Kelly, WaferTech, and PeaceHealth Medical Group.
Major Industries And Employers
Battle Ground, WA has a diverse economy with major industries and employers that contribute to its growth and development. Here are some of the top industries and employers in Battle Ground:
- Healthcare: PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is the largest employer in Battle Ground, providing a range of medical services to residents in Clark County.
- Education: The Battle Ground School District is also a major employer, offering job opportunities to teachers, administrators, and support staff.
- Manufacturing: Companies like SEH America, WaferTech, and Linear Technology Corporation have manufacturing facilities in Battle Ground, creating jobs in semiconductor production and related fields.
- Retail: Battle Ground is home to several large retail centers, including Walmart and Fred Meyer, which provide local job opportunities in customer service and management.
- Construction: The growing population in Battle Ground has led to an increase in construction jobs as new homes and commercial buildings are built.
- Agriculture: Clark County is known for its fertile land and agriculture industry. Local farms such as Shangri-La Farm provide fresh produce for the community while creating jobs for farm workers.
With a diverse range of industries and employers, there are many job opportunities available for residents of Battle Ground.
Average Salaries And Wages
When it comes to living in Battle Ground, earning potential is an essential factor to consider. The average salaries and wages in the area are competitive, with the median income in Battle Ground being $73,354. To provide a more detailed look at the earning potential across various professions, the table below highlights some of the most common jobs in the area and their respective average salaries.
|Job Title||Average Salary|
|Elementary School Teacher||$62,450|
It's important to remember that these figures represent averages and that individual earning potential may vary depending on years of experience, educational background, and the specific employer. Nevertheless, this information provides valuable insight into the job market and helps both home buyers and sellers to make informed decisions about living in Battle Ground, WA.
Job Market And Economic Trends
Battle Ground, WA has a diverse economy and a strong job market. The city is home to major employers in the healthcare, retail, and education sectors.
Job opportunities are available across a wide range of industries including manufacturing, technology and tourism. According to recent reports from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Battle Ground's unemployment rate is lower than both the state and national average at 4%.
In terms of economic trends, Battle Ground is experiencing steady growth in its real estate industry. Home values have risen consistently over the last few years making it an attractive place for investment properties or simply buying a home to live in yourself.
Is Battle Ground The Right Place For You To Live? Conclusion And Final Thoughts On Living In Battle Ground, WA
In conclusion, Battle Ground, WA is a wonderful place to call home for many reasons. It offers a great quality of life with affordable housing options and plenty of recreational activities.
The city has excellent schools and healthcare facilities, making it an ideal location for families. Transportation options are plentiful, and the job market is thriving in various industries.
Whether you're looking to settle down or invest in real estate, Battle Ground has something for everyone.